Monday, August 22, 2011

Food, food, FOOD!

Good morning all. I hope everyone is well and that things are going well for you on your journey to health. It has been a busy month for me and I realize that I haven't posted much, but rest assured, I am still here and the journey continues.

I bought a new book a few weeks ago, "Eating in the Raw" by Carol Alt. Sounds interesting, right? Well, maybe not to everyone, but for me it has been a big help in my efforts to eat a high raw food diet. So 75-80% of what I eat consists of unprocessed raw vegan foods that have not been heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit ("raw"). WHAT??????? So what do I eat? Good question.

I eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, sprouts, roots, root vegetables and squashes and fresh herbs. I have also found a love for green smoothies (I think I prefer kale to spinach). Yes, I know, you probably think I'm crazy. Oh well, it's not the first time someone has thought that, and it probably won't be the last. Trust me. :-)

That being said, if there are any raw foodist out there reading my blog, I'd love to hear from you. Looking for recipe ideas and some support. I'm not sure that I will turn into a die-hard raw foodist, as this seems a bit extreme for me (not judging, just saying for me). I will, however, continue to incorporate a ton of raw fruits and vegetables into my daily diet, because I love it!

My weight loss has been steady and I have been doing a lot more strength training. I can actually feel myself getting stronger and I have more definition in my muscles *smile* I have also been running more and I can really say that I'm getting better. I'm not winded as much and I can run for longer periods of time without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

So that's what's going on with me right now. I am really enjoying the journey and learning lots of things about nutrition, healthy eating, exercise and mostly about myself. I have a wonderful support system and am so very grateful for every reader, commenter, encourager, etc.

Let's continue to encourage one another and inspire one another to be the best we can be.

Love to all xoxoxoxoxoxo

P.S. I am working on putting up some pics (before and after). Hopefully I will get that done soon.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pics and I am fascinated by your mostly raw food diet! I'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Nicole. I am going to try to work on getting some pics up this week when I have time. :)

    ReplyDelete