Monday, August 29, 2011

Issues.....

Hello friends. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Things have been quite hectic with the children going back to school. My little one started pre-K this morning. Very exciting. That means all of my children are officially "school-aged". Love it!

I have a question for those of you who are on this journey and have lost a significant amount of weight so far. How do you deal with loose skin? I am really struggling with this right now. It's mostly my arms and stomach. Ugh.....I know that I've come such a long way, but when I have to look at myself, I'm sometimes discouraged because I want to look different. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy about how I look now compared to how I looked 10 months ago, but I wish things were a lot "tighter". Strength training and toning aside, I am going to need surgery. Yes, I said it, SURGERY. Oh well....

Also, do you ever have days where you just feel "huge"? Well, I do and I had one of those days Friday. I'm not sure why I felt that way, but I did.
Saturday was better, especially after trying on capris in way smaller sizes and having them fit! Yay!!!!

I bought a nordic track fitness ball this weekend and I love it. I'm hoping to see results soon. I'm amazed at how many exercises I can do on that thing. We also got another set of weights so I'm incorporating that into my "ball" workouts. :-)

My diet is still veganish and I'm still loving it. I'm still incorporating raw foods into most of my day and it's going well. I hope everyone is doing well. I appreciate you reading and commenting and hope that continue to do so. You help me on this journey, more than you.

Love to all xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shontill! What a great blog! Congratulations on your journey and your weight loss. I saw below that you've lost about 100 pounds so far? Amazing!

    I think you've brought up an important topic in this post. When you lose weight very fast, it's great for your health, but you've seen the skin results. Don't be discouraged. I encourage you to look at the path you've been thinking, and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some help with the loose skin because you know I'm dealing with it. The best thing I can say is that you have great days and bad days with it. I notice I'm not as concerned with it when I'm doing the right things (eating/exercising). I just have more confidence in general when I'm being healthy. But when I slide into some of my old habits, I feel bad about myself again.

    But YAY for smaller capris!!!

    I'm interested to see if you have anyone comment who is doing great with the loose skin. Because I need the help too.

    You're doing so well...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete