Thursday, September 8, 2011

How did you do it??????

Recently I posted a before and after pic of myself on Facebook. I'm happy to say that there is a HUGE difference. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I have come a loooonnnnggg way. :-) The question on everyone's mind is, "How did you do it?" I'd love to tell you that there is some magical, secret formula to my weight loss, but that would be a lie. Honestly, I just made up my mind that I didn't want to be fat and unhealthy another day and started on this journey that has now become my "new life", my "healthy life". Yes, I am a vegan. No, I haven't always been a vegan, but I am now and I love it. Yes, I workout, A LOT!!! Is this the magic formula you seek? Probably not. My advice to anyone is this, make up in your mind that you want to be healthy, set a goal (short term and long term), find a lifestyle (notice I didn't say diet) that works for you, get moving and most importantly, STICK TO IT! That's the hardest part for a lot of people, I believe. Many of us have been there. We start off with so much gusto and slowly, but surely our momentum is slowed until we finally just stop. To change your life (not just with weight, but anything) you have to have a resolve within yourself that this is what I want/need and whatever it takes, I'm going to do it and FINISH IT! I can post what I eat, when I eat, how often I workout and all of my struggles (and I probably will because I love this blog), but in the end, it's going to be up to you to do the work. No one can do it for you. I will not say, become a vegan and all of your problems will be solved. I will not say, workout twice a day and all of your problems will be solved. What I will say is, look at yourself, evaluate what you have been doing and honestly see what is wrong, how it went wrong and what you can do to change it. Then do it. The hardest part may be being honest enough with yourself to say you have a problem. Whatever that problem is, you can't get help if you don't admit that you need help. (Sound familiar?) Stop making excuses for why you can't eat healthy, why you don't have time to workout, blah, blah, blah. I don't have a gym membership, I workout in my home and outside when possible. That's it. We have an elliptical that I rarely use. Honestly, I workout with the wii and with exercise dvd's. Yep, so there is no excuse. Well, I'll stop preaching for now, but you can be sure, I'll be back. Also, look for a book some time in the future (accountability). :-) As always, thank you so much for all of your comments, encouraging words and words of wisdom. I truly do appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this blog. Love to all xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment